- What service and/or product do we provide to customers and key external stakeholders?
- How are these outputs and outcomes measured?
- What are the core activities of the organisation? Which are the highest priority activities?
- How do these core activities connect with each other?
- What do we depend upon to receive from internal and external suppliers?
- How is work coordinated between functions to prevent silo thinking?
- How does cross-functional collaboration occur?
- Which roles play an important part in facilitating coordination and collaboration?
- Is it clear where and how decisions are made?
- Which decisions does individual roles make autonomously?
- How do social networks influence how work gets done?
- Which key informal networks are essential to preserve going forward?
- Which high skills is essential to the future organisation? Are these generalist and/or specialist skill sets?
- How do we ensure we have the right skills in the right roles?
- Are roles clearly defined?
- Are roles designed at the right level?
- Do we have the right mix of specialist and generalist roles?
- What are the optimal spans of control for managers?
- Do we have the appropriate number of jobs to meet capacity requirements?